IBM CommonStore for Exchange Server
Customers with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server can automate the clean up of emails and email file attachments with manual or automated archive rules. For example, customers can archive old emails or mail attachments after one month, three months or as required by the business.
The attachments are still available to the users on-line via a central storage server.
Key solution benefits include:
- Increased user productivity - documents can be archived and retrieved within seconds, even after several years.
- Improved system performance - moving old inactive documents to an external archive helps trim the size of the email databases and improves server performance.
- Support to interactive and automatic archiving - user or centrally controlled.
- Easy search and retrieval - documents can be searched and retrieved via the Outlook client or a Web browser.
- Higher document security - documents are stored securely and safely in a central electronic archive where they are protected against unauthorized access and manipulation.
- Automated back up and disaster recovery - archived mail data can be restored.
- Cheaper storage - optical jukeboxes and tape libraries allow storage of billions of documents on a single device at much less expense than hard disks.
- Improved business processes - archiving documents electronically enables streamlining of business processes and improvements to overall productivity.
- Less investment in hardware - reduced requirement for hard disks, processors and server boxes for email infrastructure.
- More manageable system maintenance - smaller databases mean faster night runs in system administration.
CommonStore for Exchange Server supports Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Outlook 2000. It is part of the integrated IBM Content Manager portfolio: IBM archives supported include Content Manager, Content Manager OnDemand, and Tivoli Storage Manager.
CommonStore for email archiving can offload, store, and retrieve file attachments, email content and header information. Automatic or user interactive archiving can select data for archiving as single documents, selected documents in a view, or entire folders. Documents and attachments can then be quickly and easily retrieved to a Microsoft Outlook or Exchange client, or Web browser.
- Knowledge Capture Cloud
- Case Manager (CMS)
- IBM Content Manager
- IBM Content Manager OnDemand
- IBM CommonStore for Lotus
- IBM CommonStore for Exchange
- IBM CommonStore for SAP
- SMC4 - Social Media
- Tivoli Storage Manager
- Digital mailroom
- Call recording and indexing
- Email and instant message capture and archival
- Document and content management
- Document scanning, classification and information extraction
Hardware and Software Products and Services